Happy Guilt-Free Easter!
As we start the Easter Weekend, many of you may be concerned that with all the wonderful chocolates and treats around, your good intentions not to indulge will gradually be melted away by temptation. However, this is not a time to feel guilty. This is a time to get together with family and friends. It's a time for Easter-egg hunts and maintaining long-observed family traditions.
Remember the 80/20 rule: What you do for 80% of the time is way more important than what you do for the remaining 20%. The 80/20 rule allows you to be realistic. No one can eat a perfectly healthy diet 100% of the time. Applying the 80/20 rule to your diet for longterm success brings more happiness than the suffering imposed by rigid, limiting diets.
The 80/20 rule means that on birthdays/holidays and special occasions - you can indulge without having to feel that you've completely ambushed your healthy lifestyle. It means that you are forming lifelong habits rather than unsustainable crash diets. It means that you do not have to be perfect 100% of the time.
Balance is key and eating healthily most of the time gives you the wiggle room that every sane person needs to let their hair down now and again.
Finally - remember laughter, fun, friends, togetherness, relaxing and not stressing about what you are eating will bring you way more health benefits than fretting over an easter egg or two.
Please head on over to TT's Tips for some more practical ideas on staying healthy this Easter