Spicy Tomato and Coconut Soup
As winter sets in, this soup will warm you up on a cold day and nourish your immune system. The coconut oil and coconut milk are rich in B vitamins, fibre and healthy fats - great for the brain. The herbs and spices will boost your immune system to help your body fight winter colds and flu.
- 800g cherry tomatoes
- 1 can organic coconut milk
- 180g quinoa
- 2tbsp coconut oil
- 2 onions, finely sliced
- 4tsp curry powder
- 1tsp ground cumin
- 1⁄2tsp chilli flakes
- a little water to taste
- 2 slices of halloumi per person
- 1 ripe avocado
- a bunch of fresh oregano
- sea salt and pepper to season
- Preheat the oven to 180°C degrees and roast your tomatoes until they are juicy
- Boil the quinoa in water for about 10 mins until the seeds have popped
- Drain and set aside when done
- At the same time, fry the onion in the oil until soft and golden, add the curry powder, cumin and chilli and stir for 2 mins
- Remove from the hob and set aside
- When the tomatoes are done, place them in a blender with the onions and spices and pulse gently to liquidise, adding the coconut milk as you go
- Return the soup to the hob to warm through and season to taste
- Meanwhile, gently fry the halloumi in a tiny smidge of coconut oil and slice the avocado
- Place a heap of quinoa in each bowl, ladle the soup on top and serve with halloumi, avocado, fresh oregano, salt and pepper.
This simple recipe should become one of your staples as it contains all the nutrition that you need to get a headstart first thing in the morning.
These delicious, healthy, gluten-free muffins are the perfect thing to brighten up a rainy afternoon.
Christmas doesn't have to be the time of year that your health goes out the window! These tasty mince pies are healthy and gluten-free. What's more, your family will never know the difference!
As winter sets in, this soup will warm you up on a cold day and nourish your immune system.
This tasty banana bread recipe is taken from my upcoming Winter Fat Burner Programme, which will soon be available to download on my Programmes page. It's quick and simple to make and will help keep you warm and nourished through the winter months
These healthy snacks come from my Autumn Detox Immune Boost Programme. They are a low fat, low sugar snack that will give you the energy you need to get through the day. Please take a look at the programme page to sign up and receive many more delicious snacks and recipes.
This delicious light lunch is a great healthy option and is full of immune-boosting ingredients that can help you get your body in shape for the winter. It is part of my new immune boosting programme, which is now available on my Programmes Page.
This delicious chilli con carne is a great main meal option for colder days as the summer draws to a close. This recipe is take from my Autumn Body Immune Boost programme, which I have designed to give your immune system a helping hand in the run up to winter.
These delicious organic chicken nuggets are always a hit with kids, even the fussy eaters. Try complementing them with some homemade sweet potato fries and a healthy coleslaw.
These delicious dark chocolate brownies are made with no added sugar and are a great tasting, low-gl alternative to the regular sugar-filled variations