Healthy Gluten-Free Apricot Muffins
This delicious gluten-free muffin recipe is a great treat for kids and adults alike. The muffins contain almond flour, which is a good source of vitamin E, iron, manganese, potassium and calcium. The muffins also have no added sugar, but the combination of dried apricot and apple sauce makes them sweet to taste, as well as incredibly nutritious. These muffins are the perfect thing to liven up a rainy afternoon.
- 2 1/2 cups of gluten-free oats (blended to a fine powder)
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups natural yogurt
- 1 cup applesauce (unsweetened) - I recommend making your own applesauce, to avoid any added sugar or preservatives. here is an easy method.
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 1/4 cup dried apricots (blended)
- 2 handfuls chopped walnuts
- Combine processed oats, almond flour, salt and baking powder into a mixing bowl and stir until ingredients are evenly mixed.
- Add the natural yogurt, dried apricots, applesauce, eggs, walnuts and 2 tbsp of ghee, then whisk until you have an even dough. If the mixture isn't thickening, add another tbsp of ghee and keep mixing.
- Scoop the mixture evenly into muffin cups.
- Bake in the oven at 180° C for 25 minutes.
- Serve while still warm for the best taste, or store in an airtight container.
Healthy apple sauce recipe with no added sugar
This apple sauce recipe is easy and quick to prepare and contains no added sugar or preservatives, so is much more healthy than the shop-bought kind. I recommend using gala apples as they have a natural sweetness. As apples are one of the 'dirty dozen', try to buy organic, if your budget permits it.
- 1.4kg apples (peeled, cored and cubed)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinsh of nutmeg
- 1.5 cups of water
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Add all ingredients to a saucepan
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes, or until soft and mushy
- Allow to cool
*This recipe is adapted from The Microbiome Diet Plan by Danielle Capalino, MSPH, RD, CDN
This simple recipe should become one of your staples as it contains all the nutrition that you need to get a headstart first thing in the morning.
These delicious, healthy, gluten-free muffins are the perfect thing to brighten up a rainy afternoon.
Christmas doesn't have to be the time of year that your health goes out the window! These tasty mince pies are healthy and gluten-free. What's more, your family will never know the difference!
As winter sets in, this soup will warm you up on a cold day and nourish your immune system.
This tasty banana bread recipe is taken from my upcoming Winter Fat Burner Programme, which will soon be available to download on my Programmes page. It's quick and simple to make and will help keep you warm and nourished through the winter months
These healthy snacks come from my Autumn Detox Immune Boost Programme. They are a low fat, low sugar snack that will give you the energy you need to get through the day. Please take a look at the programme page to sign up and receive many more delicious snacks and recipes.
This delicious light lunch is a great healthy option and is full of immune-boosting ingredients that can help you get your body in shape for the winter. It is part of my new immune boosting programme, which is now available on my Programmes Page.
This delicious chilli con carne is a great main meal option for colder days as the summer draws to a close. This recipe is take from my Autumn Body Immune Boost programme, which I have designed to give your immune system a helping hand in the run up to winter.
These delicious organic chicken nuggets are always a hit with kids, even the fussy eaters. Try complementing them with some homemade sweet potato fries and a healthy coleslaw.
These delicious dark chocolate brownies are made with no added sugar and are a great tasting, low-gl alternative to the regular sugar-filled variations