This delicious frittata combines many elements from the nutrient-rich Mediterranean Diet. It is easy to make and full of nutrition. This recipe will serve 2, but any extra can be covered and stored in the fridge for later.
- 6 omega eggs
- 115g feta cheese, cut into cubes
- 200g young spinach leaves
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 courgette, thinly sliced
- 40g black olives, pitted and halved
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 12 vine-ripened cherry tomatoes
- Handful of basil leaves
- Lightly beat the eggs in a bowl, until you have a fluffy consistency. Season with a little salt and pepper and set aside.
- Warm the coconut oil in a pan and fry the chopped onion until soft, or for around 5 minutes.
- Add the olives, tomatoes, courgette and spinach to the pan and mix together. You can either halve the cherry tomatoes, or leave them on the vine. Try a combination of both, to find the presentation you like best!
- Take your beaten eggs and pour them over the top of the mixture.
- Scatter the feta cubes and basil evenly on top and cook for a further 5 minutes on a medium heat.
- Heat your grill and place the pan under the heat for about 3 minutes, until the top turns golden.
- Serve with a garden salad and enjoy!
here is another delicious breakfast idea that sits nicely within a keto diet.
As with any diet, you need to be able to treat yourself now and again. This tasty dessert feels like a real treat, but is still keto-friendly and so will fit right in with your healthy eating plan
This classic chicken cobb salad is a perfect example of why you needn't ever be hungry on a keto plan. Chicken, bacon, egg and avocado are all good sources of protein that will help to keep you full all day long.
Chicken, avocado and spinach are the healthy powerhouse ingredients that form the basis of this healthy ketogenic recipe.
This delicious lunch recipe help you cut the carbs by substituting traditional pasta noodles with healthy courgette noodles, or 'courgetti'.
This recipe is a tasty and filling breakfast that will be a hit for anyone who wants to set themselves up for the day without those mid-morning cravings. It is perfect for anyone on a ketogenic diet.
This quinoa-based variation on the classic lasagne is delicious and super-filling, but is also a healthy, vegetarian alternative that will suit anyone trying to get in shape for the summer.
These harissa-infused sardines look beautiful on the plate and taste wonderful. They are also packed with nutrition. Sardines are one of the healthiest fish out there and are relatively low in toxins.