This delicious frittata combines many elements from the nutrient-rich Mediterranean Diet. It is easy to make and full of nutrition. This recipe will serve 2, but any extra can be covered and stored in the fridge for later.
- 6 omega eggs
- 115g feta cheese, cut into cubes
- 200g young spinach leaves
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 courgette, thinly sliced
- 40g black olives, pitted and halved
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 12 vine-ripened cherry tomatoes
- Handful of basil leaves
- Lightly beat the eggs in a bowl, until you have a fluffy consistency. Season with a little salt and pepper and set aside.
- Warm the coconut oil in a pan and fry the chopped onion until soft, or for around 5 minutes.
- Add the olives, tomatoes, courgette and spinach to the pan and mix together. You can either halve the cherry tomatoes, or leave them on the vine. Try a combination of both, to find the presentation you like best!
- Take your beaten eggs and pour them over the top of the mixture.
- Scatter the feta cubes and basil evenly on top and cook for a further 5 minutes on a medium heat.
- Heat your grill and place the pan under the heat for about 3 minutes, until the top turns golden.
- Serve with a garden salad and enjoy!
Oats are such a versatile food and can help you to stay fuller for longer as they are a slow releasing carbohydrate. You can also mix and match toppings and fillings to ensure that you get a good balance of healthy fats, protein and at least a portion of fruit to set you up for the day.
This complete dinner menu gives you a full four-course recipe guide that will wow your guests, while not breaking your healthy eating plan.
Here is another complete menu for your next healthy dinner party. As before, there is an option for vegetarian guests as well as carnivores.
Try preparing these three balanced meals with the included snacks and see how full you feel throughout the day.
This cake was devised for those with blood sugar problems and digestive issues such as irritable bowel syndrome, but it is also great as a delicious, low GL substitute for the real thing, as long as you keep to a small/medium slice.
here is another delicious breakfast idea that sits nicely within a keto diet.
As with any diet, you need to be able to treat yourself now and again. This tasty dessert feels like a real treat, but is still keto-friendly and so will fit right in with your healthy eating plan
This classic chicken cobb salad is a perfect example of why you needn't ever be hungry on a keto plan. Chicken, bacon, egg and avocado are all good sources of protein that will help to keep you full all day long.