If you want to pack as many nutrients into a meal as you possibly can, soup is the way to go! And minestrone is one of the most nutritious, with a healthy balance of fresh vegetables, pulses, herbs, starchy carbohydrates and dairy. If you're a fan of the heart-healthy Mediterranean diet, this is the soup for you!
This recipe serves 4 people.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 sticks of celery
- 1 tin of borlotti beans
- 1 tin of cannellini beans
- 50g of wholemeal pasta
- 2 large potatoes, cut into cubes
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 handfuls of kale
- 1 pinch of thyme
- 1 litre of organic vegetable stock
- salt and pepper to season
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Parmesan cheese
- Wrap the wholemeal pasta in a tea towel and smash with a rolling pin
- Put the chopped onion in a large saucepan with a little bit of the vegetable stock and cook on a medium heat until they soften.
- Add the carrots, celery and thyme and cook for a few minutes more
- Drain both cans of beans, then add half of each to a blender with a little stock and mix into a smooth paste.
- Add all the beans, blended and unblended to the saucepan and stir well
- Add the remaining stock, smashed pasta, potatoes, kale and bay leaves.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper and olive oil to taste.
- Serve into bowls, then grate the parmesan over the top, if desired.
This complete dinner menu gives you a full four-course recipe guide that will wow your guests, while not breaking your healthy eating plan.
Try preparing these three balanced meals with the included snacks and see how full you feel throughout the day.
This cake was devised for those with blood sugar problems and digestive issues such as irritable bowel syndrome, but it is also great as a delicious, low GL substitute for the real thing, as long as you keep to a small/medium slice.
here is another delicious breakfast idea that sits nicely within a keto diet.
As with any diet, you need to be able to treat yourself now and again. This tasty dessert feels like a real treat, but is still keto-friendly and so will fit right in with your healthy eating plan
This classic chicken cobb salad is a perfect example of why you needn't ever be hungry on a keto plan. Chicken, bacon, egg and avocado are all good sources of protein that will help to keep you full all day long.
Chicken, avocado and spinach are the healthy powerhouse ingredients that form the basis of this healthy ketogenic recipe.
This delicious lunch recipe help you cut the carbs by substituting traditional pasta noodles with healthy courgette noodles, or 'courgetti'.