If you want to pack as many nutrients into a meal as you possibly can, soup is the way to go! And minestrone is one of the most nutritious, with a healthy balance of fresh vegetables, pulses, herbs, starchy carbohydrates and dairy. If you're a fan of the heart-healthy Mediterranean diet, this is the soup for you!
This recipe serves 4 people.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 sticks of celery
- 1 tin of borlotti beans
- 1 tin of cannellini beans
- 50g of wholemeal pasta
- 2 large potatoes, cut into cubes
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 handfuls of kale
- 1 pinch of thyme
- 1 litre of organic vegetable stock
- salt and pepper to season
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Parmesan cheese
- Wrap the wholemeal pasta in a tea towel and smash with a rolling pin
- Put the chopped onion in a large saucepan with a little bit of the vegetable stock and cook on a medium heat until they soften.
- Add the carrots, celery and thyme and cook for a few minutes more
- Drain both cans of beans, then add half of each to a blender with a little stock and mix into a smooth paste.
- Add all the beans, blended and unblended to the saucepan and stir well
- Add the remaining stock, smashed pasta, potatoes, kale and bay leaves.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper and olive oil to taste.
- Serve into bowls, then grate the parmesan over the top, if desired.
This simple recipe should become one of your staples as it contains all the nutrition that you need to get a headstart first thing in the morning.
These delicious, healthy, gluten-free muffins are the perfect thing to brighten up a rainy afternoon.
Christmas doesn't have to be the time of year that your health goes out the window! These tasty mince pies are healthy and gluten-free. What's more, your family will never know the difference!
As winter sets in, this soup will warm you up on a cold day and nourish your immune system.
This tasty banana bread recipe is taken from my upcoming Winter Fat Burner Programme, which will soon be available to download on my Programmes page. It's quick and simple to make and will help keep you warm and nourished through the winter months
These healthy snacks come from my Autumn Detox Immune Boost Programme. They are a low fat, low sugar snack that will give you the energy you need to get through the day. Please take a look at the programme page to sign up and receive many more delicious snacks and recipes.
This delicious light lunch is a great healthy option and is full of immune-boosting ingredients that can help you get your body in shape for the winter. It is part of my new immune boosting programme, which is now available on my Programmes Page.
This delicious chilli con carne is a great main meal option for colder days as the summer draws to a close. This recipe is take from my Autumn Body Immune Boost programme, which I have designed to give your immune system a helping hand in the run up to winter.
These delicious organic chicken nuggets are always a hit with kids, even the fussy eaters. Try complementing them with some homemade sweet potato fries and a healthy coleslaw.
These delicious dark chocolate brownies are made with no added sugar and are a great tasting, low-gl alternative to the regular sugar-filled variations