Easter Special: Chocolate and Banana 'Ice Cream'
This delicious treat isn't actually ice cream in the strictest sense, as it has no cream or sugar. But the combination of naturally sweet banana and cocoa powder combine to give a rich, luxurious treat that will be a hit at Easter and right through the summer.
The essential amino acids in dark chocolate help increase the production of the happy hormone serotonin, which can help alleviate feelings of anxiety and depression. Chocolate also contains the chemical phenylethylamine, which occurs naturally in your body and gives you the same boost you feel when you fall in love!
(makes 2 servings)
- 2 bananas, chopped and frozen
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder or raw cacao
- Put the frozen bananas in a food processor and pulse until smooth.
- When the mixture is smooth, add the cocoa powder and blend until incorporated.
- For a soft ice cream, serve immediately. For a firm chocolate banana ice cream, transfer it back to the freezer for at least an hour.