Sea vegetables, such as wakami, nori and kelp are a delicious way to support your thyroid health, which is essential for allround wellbeing. This delicious soup is a powerhouse of nutrients, including dried seaweed. Aim to include a thyroid-friendly meal, such as this one, a few times a week.
- 1 package of dried seaweed (wakame or arame is great for soups)
- 6 cups of organic chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 cup chopped butternut squash
- 1 cup chopped celery
- ¼ cup parsley
- ½ cup diced carrot
- ½ cup diced leek
- 1 onion, diced
- sea salt to taste
- 2cm piece of ginger, grated
- Soak seaweed in water for two hours until soft.
- Drain and rinse well, as dried seaweed can retain a lot of dirt.
- Combine all ingredients, including seaweed, in a large pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for five minutes to allow all the flavours to come together.
- Serve and enjoy!