Sea vegetables, such as wakami, nori and kelp are a delicious way to support your thyroid health, which is essential for allround wellbeing. This delicious soup is a powerhouse of nutrients, including dried seaweed. Aim to include a thyroid-friendly meal, such as this one, a few times a week.
- 1 package of dried seaweed (wakame or arame is great for soups)
- 6 cups of organic chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 cup chopped butternut squash
- 1 cup chopped celery
- ¼ cup parsley
- ½ cup diced carrot
- ½ cup diced leek
- 1 onion, diced
- sea salt to taste
- 2cm piece of ginger, grated
- Soak seaweed in water for two hours until soft.
- Drain and rinse well, as dried seaweed can retain a lot of dirt.
- Combine all ingredients, including seaweed, in a large pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for five minutes to allow all the flavours to come together.
- Serve and enjoy!
This cake was devised for those with blood sugar problems and digestive issues such as irritable bowel syndrome, but it is also great as a delicious, low GL substitute for the real thing, as long as you keep to a small/medium slice.
here is another delicious breakfast idea that sits nicely within a keto diet.
As with any diet, you need to be able to treat yourself now and again. This tasty dessert feels like a real treat, but is still keto-friendly and so will fit right in with your healthy eating plan
This classic chicken cobb salad is a perfect example of why you needn't ever be hungry on a keto plan. Chicken, bacon, egg and avocado are all good sources of protein that will help to keep you full all day long.
Chicken, avocado and spinach are the healthy powerhouse ingredients that form the basis of this healthy ketogenic recipe.
This delicious lunch recipe help you cut the carbs by substituting traditional pasta noodles with healthy courgette noodles, or 'courgetti'.
This recipe is a tasty and filling breakfast that will be a hit for anyone who wants to set themselves up for the day without those mid-morning cravings. It is perfect for anyone on a ketogenic diet.
This quinoa-based variation on the classic lasagne is delicious and super-filling, but is also a healthy, vegetarian alternative that will suit anyone trying to get in shape for the summer.