Bourbon Barbecue Sauce
his bourbon sauce might just become your favourite barbecue condiment. Make sure you use homemade ketchup rather than a shop bought variety to avoid overloading on salt and sugar.
Makes 1½ cups
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup homemade ketchup
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- hot sauce, to taste
- ¼ cup xylitol
- ¼ cup bourbon
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- Heat olive oil in a medium-sized saucepan. Add chopped onion and sauté for 2 minutes until browned.
- Add ketchup, lemon juice, mustard, a dash of hot sauce (to taste), xylitol, bourbon, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Stir and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Turn heat down to medium low and simmer for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and blend to a smooth consistency.
- Serve chilled for best taste
This healthy bourbon barbeque sauce might just become your favourite condiment.
These healthy burgers will become your go-to recipe for summer barbecues
Here is a healthy ketchup recipe that you can substitute for the shop-bought kind and avoid all the damaging salt and sugar.
Don’t forget the fish on your next barbecue! This delicious salmon marinade will definitely become a fixture on your grill.
This delicious and healthy breakfast recipe is perfect for anyone who is following a 'seed-cycling' protocol, but is a great healthy option for anyone who wants to swap out their sugar-laden cereals for something more nutritious.
This delicious soup is packed full of healthy ingredients that have been selected to help balance your hormones.
Oats are such a versatile food and can help you to stay fuller for longer as they are a slow releasing carbohydrate. You can also mix and match toppings and fillings to ensure that you get a good balance of healthy fats, protein and at least a portion of fruit to set you up for the day.
This complete dinner menu gives you a full four-course recipe guide that will wow your guests, while not breaking your healthy eating plan.
Here is another complete menu for your next healthy dinner party. As before, there is an option for vegetarian guests as well as carnivores.
Try preparing these three balanced meals with the included snacks and see how full you feel throughout the day.