he key to a really good homemade beef burger is to get the onions and seasoning into the meat before it goes on the barbecue, so that the flavour is distributed throughout the meat, rather than sitting on top. Try this healthier recipe at your next barbcue. If you love tomato ketchup but want to avoid the added salt and refined sugar 'nasties,' why not take a few minutes to make my healthier ketchup or bourbon barbecue sauce to go on top?
- 800g of lean organic beef mince
- 1 egg
- 1 medium onion (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 2 tsp fresh parsley (finely chopped)
- Olive oil
- Place chopped onion in a frying pan with a little olive oil and cook for a few minutes until the onion starts to brown.
- Crack the egg into a bowl or cup and whisk until you get an even, airy consistency.
- In a glass bowl, combine the cooked onions, egg, beef, cumin and parsley. Kneed the ingredients together until they are all mixed evenly.
- On a sheet of greaseproof paper, divide the mixture into four balls and mould into the shape of beef burger patties.
- Make sure your barbecue is not too hot to hold your hand over, then cook the patties for 4-5 minutes on each side, depending on how well done you prefer them.
This healthy bourbon barbeque sauce might just become your favourite condiment.
These healthy burgers will become your go-to recipe for summer barbecues
Here is a healthy ketchup recipe that you can substitute for the shop-bought kind and avoid all the damaging salt and sugar.
Don’t forget the fish on your next barbecue! This delicious salmon marinade will definitely become a fixture on your grill.
This delicious and healthy breakfast recipe is perfect for anyone who is following a 'seed-cycling' protocol, but is a great healthy option for anyone who wants to swap out their sugar-laden cereals for something more nutritious.
This delicious soup is packed full of healthy ingredients that have been selected to help balance your hormones.
Oats are such a versatile food and can help you to stay fuller for longer as they are a slow releasing carbohydrate. You can also mix and match toppings and fillings to ensure that you get a good balance of healthy fats, protein and at least a portion of fruit to set you up for the day.
This complete dinner menu gives you a full four-course recipe guide that will wow your guests, while not breaking your healthy eating plan.
Here is another complete menu for your next healthy dinner party. As before, there is an option for vegetarian guests as well as carnivores.
Try preparing these three balanced meals with the included snacks and see how full you feel throughout the day.