Tips for a Happy, Healthier Easter
Here are some practical tips to help you have a happy, healthier Easter!
- Where possible, choose dark chocolate over milk. Dark chocolate is a powerful source of antioxidants and actually improves several risk factors for heart disease.
- If you are having hot cross buns, enjoy them in moderation. Try to avoid those made with white flour and refined sugars. If you have time, consider baking your own with wholemeal flour and substitute refined sugar with date sugar or, even better, stevia (a low calorie, natural substance, derived from the South American stevia plant).
- Try to stay physically active over the Easter break. If you don't have time to get to the gym, try taking a walk after your main meal.
- Resurrect yourself - It's not the occasional indulgences (like a chocolate egg at Easter) that affects your health level, but rather how you bounce back. Come Tuesday morning, it's time to kick your healthy routine back into action!
- Give any surplus eggs to friends or family to avoid temptation.
- Download my Daily Health Audit to help you stay focused on moving forwards.