This delicious and healthy pumpkin pancake recipe is featured as part of my series on achieving your 10 portions of fruit and veg-a-day. They are a delicious way to kick-start the day while getting in some extra portions. If you like, why not serve with some guacamole to double-up on your nutrition?
- 120g buckwheat flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ginger
- ¼ tsp allspice
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp cinnamon.
- Half a tin of pureed pumpkin (you can find this in the world foods section of many supermarkets)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp flax seeds
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 240ml milk of your choice.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the buckwheat flour with the baking powder, salt, ginger, allspice, nutmeg and cinnamon.
- Whisk in the pureed pumpkin, vanilla extract, flax seeds, maple syrup, and milk.
- Let the mixture stand for 10 minutes. Heat up a skillet or frying pan on the hob and coat with coconut oil.
- Tip a ladle-full of the mixture (you can experiment with the amount, depending on how big you like your pancakes) into your skillet and cook until it bubbles before flipping onto the other side and repeating.
- Stack cooked pancakes on a plate and keep warm in the oven until ready to serve.
- Drizzle with a little maple syrup and serve.
This delicious apple Waldorf is a new twist on the classic and is one of my favourites at lunchtimes.
Juicing is a fantastic way to increase your intake of essential nutrients and hit your 5-a-day (or 10-a-day) target. If you are struggling to get the nutrition you need, simple try one of these recipes each morning and watch your energy levels rocket!
This simple recipe should become one of your staples as it contains all the nutrition that you need to get a headstart first thing in the morning.
These delicious, healthy, gluten-free muffins are the perfect thing to brighten up a rainy afternoon.
Christmas doesn't have to be the time of year that your health goes out the window! These tasty mince pies are healthy and gluten-free. What's more, your family will never know the difference!
As winter sets in, this soup will warm you up on a cold day and nourish your immune system.
This tasty banana bread recipe is taken from my upcoming Winter Fat Burner Programme, which will soon be available to download on my Programmes page. It's quick and simple to make and will help keep you warm and nourished through the winter months
These healthy snacks come from my Autumn Detox Immune Boost Programme. They are a low fat, low sugar snack that will give you the energy you need to get through the day. Please take a look at the programme page to sign up and receive many more delicious snacks and recipes.
This delicious light lunch is a great healthy option and is full of immune-boosting ingredients that can help you get your body in shape for the winter. It is part of my new immune boosting programme, which is now available on my Programmes Page.
This delicious chilli con carne is a great main meal option for colder days as the summer draws to a close. This recipe is take from my Autumn Body Immune Boost programme, which I have designed to give your immune system a helping hand in the run up to winter.