This delicious and healthy pumpkin pancake recipe is featured as part of my series on achieving your 10 portions of fruit and veg-a-day. They are a delicious way to kick-start the day while getting in some extra portions. If you like, why not serve with some guacamole to double-up on your nutrition?
- 120g buckwheat flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ginger
- ¼ tsp allspice
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp cinnamon.
- Half a tin of pureed pumpkin (you can find this in the world foods section of many supermarkets)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp flax seeds
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 240ml milk of your choice.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the buckwheat flour with the baking powder, salt, ginger, allspice, nutmeg and cinnamon.
- Whisk in the pureed pumpkin, vanilla extract, flax seeds, maple syrup, and milk.
- Let the mixture stand for 10 minutes. Heat up a skillet or frying pan on the hob and coat with coconut oil.
- Tip a ladle-full of the mixture (you can experiment with the amount, depending on how big you like your pancakes) into your skillet and cook until it bubbles before flipping onto the other side and repeating.
- Stack cooked pancakes on a plate and keep warm in the oven until ready to serve.
- Drizzle with a little maple syrup and serve.
These spicy red pepper shots will make a great starter at your next healthy dinner party
Try preparing these three balanced meals with the included snacks and see how full you feel throughout the day.
This cake was devised for those with blood sugar problems and digestive issues such as irritable bowel syndrome, but it is also great as a delicious, low GL substitute for the real thing, as long as you keep to a small/medium slice.
here is another delicious breakfast idea that sits nicely within a keto diet.
As with any diet, you need to be able to treat yourself now and again. This tasty dessert feels like a real treat, but is still keto-friendly and so will fit right in with your healthy eating plan
This classic chicken cobb salad is a perfect example of why you needn't ever be hungry on a keto plan. Chicken, bacon, egg and avocado are all good sources of protein that will help to keep you full all day long.
Chicken, avocado and spinach are the healthy powerhouse ingredients that form the basis of this healthy ketogenic recipe.
This delicious lunch recipe help you cut the carbs by substituting traditional pasta noodles with healthy courgette noodles, or 'courgetti'.