Chilli Con Carne
This delicious chilli con carne is a great main meal option for colder days as the summer draws to a close. This recipe is take from my Autumn Body Immune Boost programme, which I have designed to give your immune system a helping hand in the run up to winter.
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 100g turkey or beef mince
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 3 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 tin kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- sea salt and black pepper
- coriander leaves, chopped
- 1/2 sliced avocado (optional)
- Heat the coconut oil in a pan on medium heat. Fry the chopped onion until soft and translucent.
- Add the chicken or turkey mince and fry until the meat turns brown.
- Stir in the remaining vegetables and chilli flakes.
- Stir in the puree and water, then simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the kidney beans and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- Serve with cauliflower rice and sliced avocado
This quinoa-based variation on the classic lasagne is delicious and super-filling, but is also a healthy, vegetarian alternative that will suit anyone trying to get in shape for the summer.
These harissa-infused sardines look beautiful on the plate and taste wonderful. They are also packed with nutrition. Sardines are one of the healthiest fish out there and are relatively low in toxins.
If you are looking for healthier options this Easter, without compromising on fun and flavour, you might want to try these chocolate fruit clusters.
This delicious treat isn't actually ice cream in the strictest sense, as it has no cream or sugar. But the combination of naturally sweet banana and cocoa powder combine to give a rich, luxurious treat that will be a hit at Easter and right through the summer.
Dark chocolate is a wonderfully nutritious alternative to milk or other varieties and this fruit and nut bark can be a decadent but healthier alternative to the standard Easter eggs.
The shrimp in this light lunch are a perfect way to support a healthy thyroid, being high in iodine, selenium and omega-3.
This delicious soup is a powerhouse of thyroid-friendly nutrients, including dried seaweed.
This delicious apple Waldorf is a new twist on the classic and is one of my favourites at lunchtimes.
Juicing is a fantastic way to increase your intake of essential nutrients and hit your 5-a-day (or 10-a-day) target. If you are struggling to get the nutrition you need, simple try one of these recipes each morning and watch your energy levels rocket!
This simple recipe should become one of your staples as it contains all the nutrition that you need to get a headstart first thing in the morning.